[issue] Setting output over OSC selects wrong value

Welcome Forums Help [issue] Setting output over OSC selects wrong value

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rebecca 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

javl
    Participant

I couldn’t find a github repo for wekinator so I’ll just post this issue here:

The docs show how to set the output to a specific value when using OSC to control Wekinator:

/wekinator/control/outputs (with list of floats): Send Wekinator current output values to populate the boxes/sliders on its GUI. Attach one float per output, in order.

Using OSC I created 1 output and 100 classes. If I want to set the output to class #2, I should be able to do this with the following OSC command in Python:
    client.send_message("/wekinator/control/outputs", [2.0])
    The odd thing is, the dropdown will show some completely different selection, like 65, or 37. Sending the message multiple times in a row will not change the selection again (it will keep saying 65 for instance) but sending a different float and then the original again will show a different value. Odd thing is, internally Wekinator seems to use the right value: when I send 2.0 the dropdown might show 65, but if I click on the dropdown it suddenly jumps to 2, so it seems Wekinator did receive the right value but is just showing something else?

Rebecca
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I’m unable to replicate this behaviour. When I use the Python OSC library (used in the Python example code at http://www.wekinator.org/examples/#Python) to set the class, I get the expected behaviour. Specifically, I’m using the code below:

send_address = '127.0.0.1', 6448

# OSC basic client
    c = OSC.OSCClient()
    c.connect( send_address ) # set the address for all following messages

while 1: # endless loop
            rNum = OSC.OSCMessage()
            rNum.setAddress("/wekinator/control/outputs")
            n = seed.randint(1, 99) # get a random num every loop
            rNum.append(n + 0.0) #0.0 here is hack to make it float
            c.send(rNum)
            print n
            time.sleep(1) # wait here 1 second

Perhaps try a different OSC library?

(And by the way, Wekinator is on github at github.com/fiebrink1/wekinator)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •