Recieve OSC input over IP

Welcome Forums Help Recieve OSC input over IP

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  drscotthawley 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Glaferg
    Participant

I am having a hard time with receiving OSC data over IP with Wekinator. I am using Muse Monitor and trying to connect to Wekinator. The problem is, Wekinator has support only for sending OUT OSC data over IP. I can’t find a way to allow Wekinator to allow IP-OSC data IN. Please give me answers for apps or settings for recieving data.

Rebecca
    Keymaster

Wekinator will be perfectly happy to receive OSC from outside networks (it can’t even tell where a message is coming from). You will need to ensure that Muse Monitor is sending to the right IP address, that your network isn’t blocking OSC messages, that Muse Monitor is sending to the right port (6448 by default), that Muse Monitor is sending the right message name (if not /wek/inputs, Wekinator’s default, then you’ll need to change the OSC message name in Wekinator), and that Muse Monitor is sending a single OSC message with all its features sent in the same message (the same number of features every time) as floats. (See http://www.wekinator.org/detailed-instructions/#1_Setting_up_communication_between_inputs_outputs_and_Wekinator for more info.) If Muse Monitor isn’t capable of doing this, you’ll need to use a separate program like OSCulator or something you’ve written yourself to translate Muse Monitor messages into these types of messages.

Glaferg
    Participant

Ok. Just got Wekinator talking to the app.Problem: The data is stuck on multiple OSC message paths. How do I use OSCulator to remap all the seperate datapaths into one path???

drscotthawley
      Participant

Glaferg, did you ever figure out how to do the remapping? I have a student who’s also interested in using Muse Monitor with Wekinator. My OSCulator skills are minimal, but perhaps you and he could work together to create an OSCulator file that others could easily import.

It seems like the TouchOSC example (http://www.wekinator.org/examples/#TouchOSC_for_mobile_devices_and_tablets_iOS_Android) yields an example many-to-one mapping wherein the slider values are made to piggyback on the accelerometer output (somehow…?) Perhaps that could serve as a template?

…Alternatively, maybe you could do the remapping “by hand” without OSCulator, e.g. via the Python input bundle.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  drscotthawley. Reason: added note about Python

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •