WekiMini.jar not displaying on small raspi screen

Welcome Forums Help WekiMini.jar not displaying on small raspi screen

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Viktor 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Viktor
    Participant

I am running Wekinator (WekiMini.jar) on a raspberry pi 2. The interface displays and Wekinator works flawlessly if I use my external display connected via HDMI. If I switch to the small touchscreen that I have set up on the raspy, Wekinator loads, the ‘create new project’ window opens, but the whole window is just yellow; no interface elements appear or work.

Is there any minimum screen size for Wekinator to work?

I am using a Geekcreit® 3.5 inch TFT LCD Touch Screen with 320*480 Pixel.

Any hints appreciated!

Rebecca
    Keymaster

Hi Viktor,

Yes, unfortunately the Wekinator main GUI is about 350 x 850. It would take substantial redesign to make it fit on such a small screen.

One thing I’ve wanted to do for a while is make a “headless” option so that it can run without a GUI, through control entirely by OSC messages (and perhaps commandline). If I get some more development cycles that is near the top of my list, though I’d be happy for someone else to take this on.

Rebecca

Viktor
    Participant

Hi Rebecca,

thank you for the clarification.

I solved this challenge by using the Raspi headless with VPN on the Raspi and VPN viewer on an Android phone (I need a portable setup). This way I can operate the Wekinator interface on the screen of my phone.

Viktor

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •